IT Support ApprenticeApply Now
Location: Sale, Manchester
Work style: Full-time, Hybrid after probation
Salary: Competitive, salary negotiable dependant on experience
Closing date: N/A, We're always on the look out for new talent
Are you looking to start a brand new career in IT?
We are offering the successful candidate the possibility of embarking on an exciting new career as an IT Technician.
Full training and a funded Apprentice qualification path will be provided to the right candidate. Once completed the apprentice qualification, you will have an opportunity to be progress and promoted to 1st Line Support Engineer.
Ideally, we are looking for someone who can demonstrate strong customer services skills who wants to break into the IT industry with a fast-moving, growing IT MSP company
- Receive, manage and record IT help desk requests either received by telephone, email or internally raised.
- Deal with and resolve helpdesk requests e.g. creation of new users, Active Directory management, e- mail account creation, backup maintenance, server checks, and general IT troubleshooting.
- Create, monitor, respond and manage support tickets of company/user/activity on an incident
- management system.
- Basic installation, configuration and support of IT equipment (PC, server, laptops, printers etc)
- Analysis/ repair/build of new or faulty IT equipment
- Support (fault resolution). This may include basic user training e.g. on how to use IT equipment or software
- Work as a team member, providing support to colleagues as and when required.
- You will not be expected to have knowledge of the following but it would be advantageous if you did.
- Hardware Virtualisation – Citrix / VMWare virtualisation software
- Client Operating Systems – Microsoft Windows OS (Windows 7 to Windows 10), Apple OS X
- Server Operating Systems – Microsoft Server 2003 to Server 2019 including Small business variants (2003, 2008, 2011)
- Applications – MS office suites, Citrix XenApp, Sage, SQL, Backup software, Hardware firewalls
You will not be expected to have knowledge of the following but listed below are the technologies we use:
- Hardware Virtualisation – Citrix / VMWare virtualisation software.
- Client Operating Systems – Microsoft Windows OS (Windows 7 to Windows 10), Apple OS X.
- Server Operating Systems – Microsoft Server 2003 to Server 2019 including Small business variants (2003, 2008, 2011).
- Applications – MS office suites, Citrix XenApp, Sage, SQL, Backup software, Hardware firewalls.
What we can do for you
Mental Health and Wellbeing support
Private Mental Health insurance
Optical cash back
Cash back on glasses
Dental Cash Back
Cash back on Dental work
Enjoy a gym membership nationwide with Sports Direct
Birthday day off
Enjoy your special day without worrying about work
Reward gateway retail discount scheme
Enjoy tonnes of discounts and offers not found anywhere else online.
Length of service Bonus Reward
A cash bonus every few years for your loyalty to us
Personal Development Opportunities
Earn while you Learn
23 days holiday + bank holidays
For those important days off
Auto Enrolement Pension Scheme
Better than statutory, set yourself up for the future
Free parking in Sale anytime
Parties and Socials
Quaterly Socials and Annual Christmas Party
Delivering a modern and dynamic Cloud Infrastructure for Ashley Helme that has seen incredible growth.Learn more
Creating a dynamic and fast cloud server across multiple sites for John Bradshaw and Son LTD.Learn more
Introducing TES to their first Cloud infastructure that increased productivity and reduced costs.Learn more