2nd Line Support EngineerApply Now
Location: Sale, Manchester
Work style: Full-time, Office Based
Salary: Competitive, salary negotiable dependant on experience
Closing date: N/A
- Provide 2nd line support for all customers via phone, email or face-to-face, and remotely.
- Provide an escalation point for 1st line colleagues.
- Following in-depth diagnosis, escalate to 3rd line where applicable.
- Log all incidents and requests within the agreed service desk work management system.
- Keep customers informed at all times.
- Manage, prioritise and plan own work queue and deal with calls within the set SLAs.
- Provide support and training to 1st line colleagues.
- Proactively drive your own training from senior members of staff to bridge the knowledge gap.
- Identify and drive through opportunities for improvement/change via Service Improvement.
- Create and maintain knowledgebase articles to enable consistency and learning within the team.
- Hardware Virtualisation – Citrix / VMWare virtualisation software.
- Client Operating Systems – Microsoft Windows OS (Windows 7 to Windows 10), Apple OS X.
- Server Operating Systems – Microsoft Server 2003 to Server 2019 including Small business variants (2003, 2008, 2011).
- Applications – MS office suites, Citrix XenApp, Sage, SQL, Backup software, Hardware firewalls.
- Communicate effectively face to face or via email as appropriate with staff at all levels, including Directors and Senior Management.
- At least 12 months experience in a 2nd line IT Service Desk role or looking to make the move from being an established 1st line Engineer and now looking for progression.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Track record of a positive approach to learning.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of Windows operating systems incl. 7, 8 and 10. Server OS 2003, 2008, 2012, AD, MS Exchange, Group Policy. Knowledge of terminal services, Citrix and VM Ware are highly desirable.
- Good problem-solving skills, and ability to work well as an individual and as part of a close team.
- Ability to deliver to tight timescales and changing priorities.
- Any qualification in the Microsoft suite of products / ITIL / CISCO would be preferable although not essential
Mental Health and Wellbeing support
Private Mental Health insurance
Optical cash back
Cash back on glasses
Dental Cash Back
Cash back on Dental work
Enjoy a gym membership nationwide with Sports Direct
Birthday Day Off
Enjoy your special day without worrying about work.
Reward gateway retail discount scheme
Enjoy tonnes of discounts and offers not found anywhere else online.
Length of service Bonus Reward
A cash bonus every few years for your loyalty to us
Personal Development Opportunities
Earn while you Learn
23 days holiday + bank holidays
For those important days off
Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme
Better than statutory, set yourself up for the future
Free parking in Sale anytime
Parties and Socials
Quarterly Socials and Annual Christmas Party
Delivering a modern and dynamic Cloud Infrastructure for Ashley Helme that has seen incredible growth.Learn more